IngaHub is reader-supported. When you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, at no cost to you. Learn more
Arachnid Cricket Pro 800 vs 900: Which Is Better to Buy?
If you read many best-buy articles online for an electronic dartboard, the high chances are you are recommended to go for an Arachnid Pro 800 or 900 due to their feature-richness.
They are both the top choices for an electronic dartboard. But which one should you get? This article will tell you their similarities, differences, and our advice on the purchase decision.
- Arachnid Cricket Pro 800 vs 900: The Similarities
- Arachnid Cricket Pro 800 vs 900: The Differences
- Our Advice on Which to Buy: Arachnid Cricket Pro 800 or 900
Arachnid Cricket Pro 800 vs 900: The Similarities
The two models share a lot of features for a top-notch electronic dartboard.
The Playing Surface of 15.5 Inches
Many electronic boards have only a 13-inches playing area. A large surface means more holes for darts to stick on and you can aim more easily, increasing scoring potential.
Arachnid applies advanced technologies to make the board become more durable, long-lasting, and improve playability. The segmentation dividers are made thinner and the holes are designed in a square shape to reduce bounce-outs.
Convenient Score Displays
The LED score display not only supports up to 8 players but also shows the Cricket X/O display and the scored points for each throw. The score-tracking task becomes so much easier.
Fun 3-level Heckler Feature
The Heckler feature roasts players for bad throws and raises them for impressive scoring efforts. It’s an excellent tool to add more fun and excitement to group plays. And no worries, you can easily turn it on or off.
Arachnid Cricket Pro 800 vs 900: The Differences
The major differences between the two products are the price, the range of advanced features, and user feedback.
The price of the Arachnid Cricket Pro 900 is $40 higher than the 800 on Amazon. However, the 800 model usually offers discounts for buyers, making it become significantly cheaper than the 900.
This is where the 900 is better than its older brother. It has more advanced features than the 800.
1. More games with more playing options: The 900 has 48 games with 354 playing options (compared to just 39 games with 179 variations of the 800). What we really like is it has the Player handicap option which makes games more enjoyable for skill-gap match-ups.
2. Marks per round display: In addition to the Points-per-dart metric for the ‘01 games, the 900 also shows you the Marks per round – a very useful metric for Cricket games to tell players how they’re performing and improving.
3. Advanced voice feature: The 900 has an enhanced voice record feature and voice prompt for throwing and scoring announcements, which the 800 lacks.
Arachnid Cricket Pro 900 and 800 both have a high average rating on Amazon. To some extent, this proves that the customers are highly satisfied with the products.
The major difference is that the 800 has many more ratings than the 900. This can be explained by the fact the 800 was released way back in 2004. But if you ask us, we would say that the average rating of the 800 is much more reliable since it has many more ratings.
Our Advice on Which to Buy: Arachnid Cricket Pro 800 or 900
The price gap is quite significant, although the two products share a lot of features. If you want to pay extra for the latest advanced features and more games, then the 900 would make sense.
But we think the 800 would be a better choice for your money since the price is significantly lower and it has most of the features of the 900. Compared to many other best electronic dartboards on the market, the Arachnid Cricket Pro 800 is definitely better.
Arachnid Cricket Pro 800
- Brand: Arachnid
- Board diameter: 15.5 inches
- Weight: 11 pounds (around 5 kilograms)
- Games: 39 games with 179 variations
- Score display: 4 player score sections with Cricket display
- Advanced features: PPD display and Heckler
- Our rating: 9.5/10
Thoughts on “Arachnid Cricket Pro 800 vs 900: Which Is Better to Buy?”
Articles and Insights
We published a collection of printable darts score sheet templates for popular darts games. Feel free to download and use them for your own purposes.
Nov 16th, 2023
We suggest you the best places to buy darts online in the US and UK. You will find many great deals with minimal to no shipping fees. Save your money.
Oct 28th, 2023
Electronic dartboards offer a wide range of benefits for players. It has sensor technology and systems that allow automatic scoring and tracking.
Oct 19th, 2023